2. You can now take a precision approach to herd fertility management
Starting this proof round, we give you options to most accurately and efficiently manage your herd’s fertility. (Read more about it HERE).
You can now select the right genetics for your herd based on your breeding strategy. We’ve released a sire fertility rating for conventional semen, and a separate sire fertility evaluation based on breedings with sexed semen.
These separate, and lowly correlated ratings will help you create more pregnancies by using the right sire fertility evaluation for your strategy and situation.
Know which bulls will give you highest fertility using Alta511 SexedULTRA™ semen by finding this 511 CONCEPT PLUS designation on a bull’s individual page on Alta Bull Search.
The industry’s most accurate sire fertility evaluation, CONCEPT PLUS designates whether a bull offers elite fertility on conventional breedings.
3. Some proof numbers were adjusted
- NM$ – the index has new weights, and the average change across the industry meant a general increase of about 10 NM$. But many individual bulls changed more than that!
- DPR – to account for the entire industry DPR drop that happened in April, the average DPR went up this proof round in the following amounts:
- Holsteins: approximately +1.4 DPR increase
- Jerseys: approximately +0.5 DPR increase
- TPI – the average bull increased about 25 TPI points. However, several bulls atop our daughter-proven lineup increased 100 points or more!
4. The most efficient way to reach your genetic and reproductive goals is to set and follow your own, customized genetic plan.
Work with your trusted Alta advisor to set your strategy, and see how you can implement the exciting, new sire options and approach to precision fertility management in your herd.